Sat, 02 Mar|
Station Hall Herne Hill
2 MARCH - South London Maker Festival by Makerspace
11AM - 5PM South London Makerspace is excited to bring you the very first South London Maker Festival. A room full of hands-on workshops, demos, games & more for young and old! Features: coding, ring making, soldering, games and repair cafe.
Time & Location
02 Mar 2019, 11:00 – 17:00
Station Hall Herne Hill, Herne Hill, London, UK
About The Event
A room full of hands-on workshops, demos, games and more for young and old! Features: coding, ring making, soldering, games and repair cafe
About this Event
South London Makerspace is excited to bring you the very first South London Maker Festival
A not-for-profit community Maker Festival with something for all ages
We're taking over Station Hall* for one day to share all the stuff we love - which is everything to do with making!
*Please note that this venue is up several flights of stairs, with no lift or wheelchair access - although there will be buggy and bike parking at ground level
We'll have a bunch of show & tells, including:
- The creatures of Dr Who - featuring a full-size Dalek!
- 3D printing - what can a home 3d printer do in 2019?
- Guitar tuner for the blind, and other assistive tech
- walking robots, and small drones demos
- CyDash: a modular bike computing platform - see it here first!
Short hands-on workshops:
- learn to solder - make a blinky LED badge, with an advanced SMD soldering option for the more experienced!
- DIY solar power demoes/taster session, and off-grid electricity: demystifying renewables
- Getting started with microcontrollers: using simple code and controller boards to 'make things do things' with Arduino and RaspPi Boards
Longer workshops, bookable in advance:
- Ring making workshop: learn to make your own ring in sterling silver
- Handwritten fonts for business, blogs and social media - from the physical page to a digital logo
- Making a tiny electronic music generator - 3-5pm, £FREE, only 5 places! Book tickets and more details here
Go to: londonmakerfestival for booking details
Young coders' workshop - Herne Hill Raspberry Jam
Curious about computer code, or want to meet other young coders? Then come along to our Coders' Jam! Suits ages 7 to 17, all abilities - if possible bring a laptop - featuring intro to machine learning!
Book on Eventbrite
Electronics Hardware Jam
Got a project you started and is now languishing in a drawer or the back of a cupboard? Then bring it along and join in the Jam, with assistance from our electronics experts!
Restart and Sewstart party
Bring along your broken electronics or worn/torn clothes and together fix them! You'll be paired with a fixer, who will mend the item with you, where possible. The result: valuable goods saved from landfill, skills learnt, a huge sense of achievement!
Maker Bits – bring and buy tableBring along working components and equipment and trade/sell/buy/chat with other makers
Note: no heavy or mains-voltage equipment, and you will be required to remove any unsold gear
Want to run a workshop, or have a stand?
Then please contact us at directors@southlondonmakerspace
Please note: the event will be filmed and photographed for use on social media. By attending you are agreeing to your image being shared on social media. Please contact us if you do not wish your image to be used