THURS 12 DECEMBER - I'M IN - Free taster day activities for Children.
Time & Location
About The Event
I’m In! @ Station Hall
A selection of FREE taster sessions of creative activities throughout the day, for children of all ages; from dance and drama to drumming, arts and flower arranging…
Spaces are limited, so please book online to reserve a place and relinquish that space for others if you’re unable to attend. Your cooperation will enable us to re-run this event in the future.
- 9.30am – 10am Welcome & Initial Register
- 10am – 10.45am Marina Dance: Toddler dance class, age 3-5
- 10am – 12.30pm Kids Kreate: Art session, age 4-12
- 11am – 11.45am Marina Dance: Dance class, age 6-9
- 12 noon – 12.45pm Make Believe: Dance and singing workshop, age 3-5
- 1pm – 1.45pm Make Believe: Dance and singing workshop, age 6+
- 1.30pm – 4.30pm The Flower Lady: Flower wreaths and table decorations, age 4+ ( drop In)
- 2pm – 2.45pm Margaret’s Music: family music, movement and singing, age 3-5
- 3pm – 4pm Margaret’s Music: hand drumming for children, ages 6-11
- No disabled access; venue is up flight of stairs.
- Parents must stay on site with children during activities
- Booking required for all activities
The Flower Lady https://www.facebook.com/pg/theflowerladyhernehill/photos/ Get hands on and create some very special flower baskets and table decorations to take home. Local stalwart Flower Elaine is a favourite with all the local kids, and between her and her team they’ll have a drop in session to help your green fingers spring into action. (Drop in session)
Kids Kreate https://www.kidskreate.org.uk Art and creativity makes you feel good… so make some amazing and individual art to take home in this exciting community space. Jackie is a wonderful spirit that brings out the creativity in all children. She regularly runs free art sessions in Brixton Library and Tulse Hill.
Margaret’s Music http://www.margaretsmusicltd.com/ (Kids) African drumming is a universal experience that children of all ages can enjoy. Margaret will encourage kids to join in the basic rhythms of the voice of the drum. Together they will create their own unique music.
(Toddlers) From music to storytelling and drumming to dance - Margaret and friends will captivate the imagination of your child and take them on a fantastical journey… as they express themselves through group dance, singing and movement.
Marina Dance https://www.marinatods.com/
Marina will look to inspire young minds and explore their imaginations, to a classical backdrop of music. Trained as a professional dancer and Master Practitioner of NLP, she is also studying Dance Movement Therapy. Marina has been working with all ages and abilities to find new ways of expressing themselves through dance.
Make Believe https://makebelievegroup.co.uk/ Dance, act, sing, PERFORM! Make Believe is all about finding the expression in every child… As one of the UK’s most exciting performing arts schools, they’ll take you on a whistle-stop ride through music, movement, dancing, drama and singing. Be your own star for an hour!